Clients, who choose to work with Kay2 Contracting Ltd, do so in confidence, knowing that their home and investment is in qualified and trusted hands.
We provide a written 2-year limited warranty to every home and property owner we work with.
ABOUT OUR WARRANTY
Subject to our limitations set forth below, for a period of 2 years from the date of your job’s completion and of the work described on the front of your written or electronic copy of your quote/contract, Kay2 Contracting will repair blistering, chipping or peeling paint resulting from defective workmanship in respect to any quoted painting services project. With all Renovations projects our warranties are a standard 2 years based on many of the same painting standards and rules that can and will be applied. Please note all Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and any Mechanical Subcontracted repair or installation is only warranted for 90 days via our partners and not 2 years as noted in our overall warranty.
For this warranty to be valid the following must have occurred.
- Retain a copy of the original contract (Invoice).
- Pay the full contract price of our service.
- Pay in full any other invoices outstanding with Kay2 Contracting Ltd.
- Make your property accessible to us to perform the repairs
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where Kay2 Contracting did not supply the paint or materials, unless written approval has been provided and the material are approved.
- Any work which was not performed by Kay2 Contracting.
- Varnished surfaces are not covered.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal or steel.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, staircases, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match is not possible as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint ,regardless of whether the paint was supplied by Kay2 Contracting or the customer.
- Bleeding, caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- Structural defects
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by Perfect Painters and the customer choose not to allow Perfect Painter to do the appropriate and proper prep work.
- Settling or movement, of the subject property.
- Moisture content, of the substrates.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of flood, explosion, fire, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Kay2 Contracting.
- Mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
Framing & Finishing:
Kay2 Contracting warrants the structural integrity of the work, the materials used and the workmanship from any substantial defects that abide by the Alberta New Home Warranty guidelines and standards. Furthermore, actions that will result in the immediate voiding of the warranty are customer negligence of the time-period to stay off fresh materials, in which using prohibited product on the surface of the materials such as Floor tile, Hardwood, Slate, Vinyl, Granite ect will void warranty, Any damages occurred on site when staff are not working are not covered under warranty it’s the homeowners responsibility to insure materials and areas are kept clear and secure if a live in renovation is taking place. Any repairs or replacements made to any installation after expiration of warranty will be made at customer’s expense. Kay2’s application will insure proper installation of all wood products and use wood glue on all joints and miters, Customers must maintain humidity and heat levels in home at 30% humidity and 22 degrees heat to elevate cracking or splitting in wood joints do not occur, all wood surfaces should be always kept free and clear from water any such situation will result in expansion in wood in which is a void under the Contractor Act. Such examples include water from windows condensation onto casing, water from windows left open from rain, standing water from mopping the floor or split liquids can all result in damage to these products.
Drywall and Taping:
Kay2 Contracting Ltd. will offer a one-time only drywall touch up within Two (2) year from the date of installation this is only for shrinkage in beads, the drywall touch up does not include the painting. 1/2 inch Drywall will be installed in all common areas or unless specified different on quote by builder or Home owner, dense shield or Type x installed in all bathroom shower or Tub assemblies unless otherwise specified by Builder or Home owners. Heat must be left on while this process is being applied, home must never be left under 18 degrees under no circumstance, this will cause drywall to shrink and will void warranty.
Repairs under this warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of the Contract.
All renovations warranty work will be reviewed upon customer request to Kay2 Contracting for evaluation. While we maintain a high standard we will work to resolve any poor workmanship provided by Kay2 Contracting staff or sub trades, we cannot be obligated to repair work that may have been damaged directly or indirectly by the customer of record or malfunction or defects of materials regardless how it was supplied. Kay2 Contracting cannot be responsible for damaged created by a 3rd party trade, i.e. plumbers, electricians, Hvac, Roofers, Concrete forming etc even if arranged either verbally or in writing and either directly or indirectly from Kay2 Contracting.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY KAY2 CONTRACTING AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY KAY2 CONTRACTING. IN NO EVENT SHALL KAY2 CONTRACTING BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED,TRANSFERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.
This warranty gives you some specific legal rights. Some jurisdictions or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Renovation Work Non Standard
Items considered Non Standard, for Renovations work. Please see list below but surcharges are applicable. These items are note included in any renovation quote unless specifically included in the renovation estimate.
In General Materials are not Included in any estimate or contract unless specifically mentioned in the estimate as supplied.
- Tiles standard is 12 x 12, Over-sized and Undersized or irregular dimensions or layouts are non standard. 12x24 Brick pattern installation are subject to a premium until retail value of the tile exceed $7.99 per square ft or higher.
- Tile sealer is not standard or specialty grout or non standard grout colours may be extra.
- Specialty design patterns with Tiles and included mosaic patterns are not standard.
- Soundproofing is non standard.
- Spray foam is non-standard.
- Hardwood Flooring non standard patterns are non standard.
- Replacing or adding new Sub-floor is non standard.
- Plumbing reconfiguration due to new sinks or facets is non standard.
- Landscaping work, Sealer’s are non standard.
- Baseboards quarter rounds and shoe molding is not included as a standard.
- Insulated doors are not included in interiors work.
- Unforeseen or undocumented Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing charges are not included.
- Duct Cleaning is not Included Unless specified in writing.
- Garbage removal is not Included Unless specified in writing.
- Permit and Drawing fees are extra and not included in any quote cost unless clearly noted in the customers contract.
Please note any non standard work can be completed at additional cost.
A detailed warranty document will be provided to all customers upon job completion.